Saturday, February 12, 2011

Back to High School?!?!

Well it has officially been a month since I blogged so...maybe I'll get on that :)
Today's music post is about teaching music.  Over the past few weeks I have had the amazing opportunity to have different teaching experiences.  First, I visited a few high schools in the area and did sectionals.  I have been told my many people that teaching high school orchestra is the worst job, and that high school kids aren't fun to teach, but that must just be their opinion.  I had so much fun!  The kids were really fun to work with, and although they weren't always 100% attentive they were generally pretty good.  The next thing I got to do was actually conduct an orchestra, and the teacher wasn't even there, so I had the class like it was my own.  It was really cool to be in an orchestra setting, but at a different point of view up there it felt so good and natural!  It was really fun.
The last thing was that I started teaching the youngest student I have ever had.  She is 5, her name is Adelaide (Addie for short) and she is the cutest thing I have ever seen!  She has a 1/10 size violin and my instrument was like the size of her whole body!  She ate up everything I told her and she is so fun to teach!  I can't wait to get more into lessons with her :)
I have a recording session for summer auditions on Monday, I'm super nervous, but also excited, wish me luck!!
Ah yes, music has been good to me this semester so far...

1 comment:

  1. That's sounds so awesome :) I just pictured you choristering a whole orchestra like Howard Shore or John Williams haha

    ReplyDelete