Ok ok I know I do this a lot, blog post overload. BUT, I have so much to catch up on! Aaaannnddd...I haven't posted anything about day to day tips and tricks in a long time. If you recall, or don't recall, quite a few blog posts back I created what I like to call "humble living." It is basically things I have learned living on my own that help save money and time.
So here's one for ya.
Last week, I bought a pair of black concert shoes to replace the nasty ones that I currently own. They are dark, black, clean, soft, and amazing. As I was about to throw out my old ones, I saw a basket of dirty laundry sitting there and thought to myself, "hmmmmm....I wonder...." and in the old shoes went in with the next load. Oh. My. Gosh. I don't know if this is something people already know, and I am just behind on the times, or what, but let me tell you, I am soooo glad I discovered what I discovered. The shoes are perfect. They are like new! They literally look like I just bought them from the store!
They are just cloth flats, I think they are made of felt or something similar but basically what I am saying is that before you go out and waste money on a new replacement pair of shoes, first try washing them in the washer. Genius. Now, for me obviously this time it isn't a big deal, I will never complain about having an extra pair of shoes, but if I ever think a pair of shoes is a goner, I am definitely going to try this first, as it could save me a few bucks in the future. Thank you, thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment