Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A few random thoughts


I am a scardy cat.
Yesterday morning there was someone out to get me!

First, there was a HUGE thunderstorm around 2 am. Now, don't get me wrong, I usually love when it storms, I find it exciting, and I absolutely love the rain. HOWEVER, In my bedroom alone in the dark I found it kind of hard not to panic as the thunder shook my blinds, because I am scared of the dark. Believe me when I say that if I didn't have a lamp right next to the bed you can bet I would be doing the running and jumping stunt. The rain against the windows was very relaxing though, thank goodness for that.

So then I got to work. We have to scan a little card to get into the building after hours and about 6 inches from the scanner was the biggest spider (out of captivity, I have seen a tarantula in a cage before...) I had ever seen in my life, and that is not an exaggeration!! It was HUGE. A good two inches all around at least. I am terrified of spiders. When I got to that spot, it was about 5 minutes to 6, and I spend about 3 minutes debating whether death was worth it because I knew that the second I tried to beep the card the spider was going to leap at me and attack my face. I decided it wasn't worth it. So instead I ran back down the stairwell, and entered the building from the opposite end. The result was that I clocked in 3 minutes late, but I think that my life is worth it!


I am an old lady.

Believe it or not, it is getting harder and harder for me to stay up late. I don't know how this is happening, is the universe shifting? Are the stars aligning? Did I just see a pig fly across the sky? It is true! I, or any member of my family I am sure, did not think this to be possible. Mind you, waking up in the morning is still the worst thing ever, but after about 10 minutes of being awake I am actually pretty alert. I believe in miracles...


I need a car.

Self explanitory.

No comments:

Post a Comment