It amazes me how fast time flies once school starts. I get through the first week of school thinking "I'll update my blog next weekend," that weekend turns into the next weekend, that into the next, and pretty soon, BAM! Here we are, 10 weeks later, and the only reason I have time now is because I am home (as in Centerville home), for a wedding and since I am missing school I have a lot of time to kill.
But, back on subject, 10 weeks? REALLY?? No way. Midterms are over, and fall break just ended. Which means half of the semester is over. Which also means I should be halfway through learning the Tchaikovsky violin concerto except, oh, one little problem, I'm not. Stress. That is all. It is the hardest thing I have ever had the pleasure of learning :P I mean, it's an awesome piece, don't get me wrong, I just, can't play it. If someone could get me Hermione Granger's time turner that'd be fantastic.
That said, the semester has gone pretty smoothly so far. Other than being sick this past week, I have been blessed with good health and energy to get through this half of the semester without freaking out too much (I say too much because, well, you know me).
And, many significant things have happened since I last blogged!
First of all...I can hear the hallelujah chorus singing...I got a car!! She is a beaut. 2008 Toyota Corolla, her name is Scout (To Kill a Mockingbird) and oh my gosh I love her.
Second. Those of you who know me well know that I love to hike. You also know that I have done...pretty much every hike in Zion's national park except Angel's Landing. You also know that I have made many attempts to hike Angel's Landing within the last, oh, about 10 years, but every time a trip was planned it fell through. Well, this year, I have finally done it!! That's right...and it was pretty much the most amazing experience of my life! The only thing that could have made it better would have been to do it
with my family, but even then, I went with some awesome people so it
made it a great experience. It was so beautiful but it was definitely a
hard hike.
Best friends, before the hike! I love her :)
You know, being wild animals!
That mountain behind us is Angel's Landing. And, we turned this grumpy girl's bad attitude around after we got to the top :)
The whole group made it to the top! From left to right: Dr. Abegg, Cassidy, Dallin (in front), Matt, Amanda, Kaitlyn, Kenzie, Olya (in front), me, and Ella. What a fun group of people!
The view is SPECTACULAR. I cried.
It was actually pretty intimidating to look at what we had to climb up.
Third...after 3 1/2 years of being broken, my laptop FINALLY got fixed! It was a very happy day in my life when I was able to do homework and blog and other internet festivities at my house again :)
And, last but not least, one of my favorite couples EVER is getting married tomorrow, KaCee and Spencer. I couldn't be happier. Life is so good. As an added bonus, my dog is snoring at the foot of my bed. The snoring part isn't really the bonus, more that I get to see my dog :)
No comments:
Post a Comment