I do NOT like the 110 degree weather...but I love the activities that come with this time of year, that we don't usually have time for throughout the school year...
...which reminds me, I love not having school. That's the first best thing about summer.
Also...
~Hiking
~Camping
~Movie watching
~Organizing... I know, I know, it's just a thing I do. And it is so fun.
~Growing a garden... ok so I haven't actually started it yet, but I fully intend to, even if it means starting indoors because it is too hot outside!
~Swimming
~Reading NOT books for school :)
~The Fourth of July. One of my favorite holidays ever, however St. George has really let me down when it comes to their celebrations, that said I think it will be great this year no matter what because I have Shaun as my husband :)
We have done a lot of hiking this past week! We must have been feeling adventurous or something because we generally go once every week or two but we have gone three times in the past week! It has been so fun, I am not complaining. I love hiking, and what better place to do it than in Southern Utah??
A week ago Saturday Shaun and I headed up to Pine Valley and got some ice cream. On the door of the ice cream parlor we saw a sign: "Pine Valley's First Annual Strut Your Mutt!" Of course we had to check it out, it ended up being so fun! I swear everyone in that little town had their dogs there. It was fun to watch and then they fed us hot dogs after.
That same afternoon we took a hike to Gunlock. We were trying to find a spot we had been told about but instead found our own little gem! We decided to scale a random mountain with no trail and the view was breathtaking! Lots of sandstone/slickrock. It was so hot but really fun!
On Wednesday, Doug and mom came down for the rest of the week so Doug could take his MCAT at the University (he's the brains of the family) and they decided to make a weekend vacation out of it. It was so great having them here! We played tennis, hiked through the Narrow's at Zion's, ate at Oscar's (we missed you dad), hiked Kanarraville falls, watched movies and just had a good time.
![]() |
| Doug and Shaun showing off their bulging muscles... |
![]() |
| No one was brave enough to jump in with me at the Narrows, but props to Shaun for at least getting halfway wet :) |
![]() |
| In the Narrows! |
![]() |
| Isn't he the cutest. |
![]() |
| We saw a nest of squirrels, so cute! |
![]() |
| Oscar's.....has the best food ever. Their burgers and Philly steak sandwich and Mexican food and basically just everything on the menu is to die for. |
![]() |
| More Oscar's |
![]() |
| Kanarraville Falls. This place was so pretty and the hike was so much fun! |
![]() |
| We had to hike through the river, it was basically just mini narrows, I liked it just as much, especially since it wasn't as crowded! |
Also I made banana bread today and for the first time ever it turned out normal AND delicious, in the same batch!!
This has never happened, and I am proud.
:)
This has never happened, and I am proud.
:)











No comments:
Post a Comment