The concert went really well considering that we only had music for two days. I was actually worried because I thought that the audience would be extremely mad about there being no guitarists, but they were so considerate and understanding. We even got a standing ovation at the end, and Prof. Caldwell had to come back out on stage because they were still clapping after about 45 seconds! It was pretty cool...the theme was American composers and patriotic music, it turned out better than expected. My favorite was the Raider's march and the Bugler's holiday.
Raider's (not us playing obviously, but you get the idea)
I don't want to post a video of Bugler's holiday, because I loved our trumpeters so much I'm going to find someone who recorded it and post our actual version...it was so good!
I watched Avatar for the first time tonight. Verdict? A. it was NOTHING like I expected, B. I absolutely LOVED it, C. I am now the proud owner of the soundtrack. ( I got a little anxious...such incredible music!)
Bottom line, I stand corrected. I guess you can't judge a book by its cover....That was one of the most incredible movies I have ever seen in my life!
Congratulations Universe (and Warren twins) you win...
No comments:
Post a Comment