FYI Fuego will be here within the next week. I just can't figure out the stupid video...anyway that's besides the point. Also, I have a lot of blogging to do today, so bear with me!
Last night I made my ever famous Orange Julius for KaCee and Stan. It has become a tradition in our apartment ever since I randomly decided to make them last year in good old Raintree (shiver).
*First of all, if you are like me and don't have an ice maker attached to your fridge then make sure you have the ice trays full a few hours before making these.
All it requires is:
1 can frozen orange juice (I've also tried it with pineapple orange and pink lemonade, be creative, experiment!)
1 cup of sugar (or less, if you want it more tangy and not as sweet)
1 t. vanilla
2 C milk
2 C water
16 Ice cubes
Blend everything but the ice cubes. Add the ice cubes in one by one
*add more ice for thicker Julius, less for a more juicy more runny drink*
it usually makes about 5 large glass fulls. When there's only three of us, I just cut the recipe in half
MmmmMmmm good!
Cheap and easy treat, perfect for a poor college student who lives in boiling hot St. George, or anywhere else for that matter ;)
Try it out and tell me what you think!
Actually...a banana might be good in this...hmmm...
a banana is awesome. as are strawberries or raspberries.
ReplyDelete