Tonight was an experiment night. I had a zucchini in my fridge, and I really wanted to use it. So I decided to try an experiment and make up my own recipe for fried zucchini. It turned out better than expected, it was quite delicious!
Sooo...I will post it here for your pleasure! Remember, I only cooked for one so feel free to double, triple, quadrupole the recipe, whatever.
Ingredients
*these are estimated quantities.* I kind of just dumped each spice in as I felt was necessary
1 small zucchini
1/2 cup flour
app. 1/2 tsp. each of the following: oregano; black pepper; garlic (salt or powder); onion powder.
2 eggs
1/4 cup of milk
Oil
To make
~put enough oil in a frying pan to coat the bottom. Heat on stove top over medium heat
~mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
~mix the eggs and milk in a separate bowl.
~Chop up the zucchini into thin coins
~dip the zucchini coins into the milk and egg mixture. Then coat them in the dry mixture.
~when the oil is hot, (test by throwing a pinch of flour on the oil, if it bubbles it is hot!) place coated zucchini in a single layer in the oil.
~Turn over when the bottom is golden brown, and when both sides are this lovely color, take them off and place them on a plate covered on a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
To complete this meal, I ate them with one of my favorite dishes, Fettuccine noodles, spaghetti sauce and cheese! I had some extra sauce, which I used as a dipping sauce of the zucchini. Divine!
I finished off this wonderful meal with my favorite easy dessert. Graham crackers and vanilla frosting. It hit the spot :)
ENJOY! It's one of my new favorite dishes, and it's fast, easy and cheap, which is always a bonus :)
No comments:
Post a Comment