Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I am thankful....

I realized that lately I have been complaining A LOT about everything.  School, friends, relationships, music, and life in general.  So first of all, to all my dear friends, I am sorry (Also, those of you who actually read this blog are the ones that really deserve an apology) haha but seriously...I am so sorry....I will try much harder to not dump all my negative feelings all over you.  Especially today between the hours of noon and two.  I really have no idea what was going on there. 

SO...to try to make up for the Downer Donna-ness that I have been chained to, I will take the November challenge.  NO, not the "no shave"  one, the one where every day you say something you are grateful for every day.  Of course, this should be a daily, hourly, minutely occurrence inside, but sometimes we forget.  The fact that Thanksgiving is this month reminds us how much we have to be grateful for! 

So to begin, I shall catch up on the week that I have missed.  The first few might seem cliche, but it is absolutely true and it is what it is.

1.  I am thankful for my amazing family.  And not just my immediate family.  Of course them too, but I'm talking everyone.  I have the rare opportunity to be very close to every member of my extended family from grandparents on and I don't know what I would do without them.  Not many people can say that some of their best friends are their cousins.  But I can and seriously, I am so fortunate to have the relationship that I have with my parents, siblings, cousins, uncles, aunts, and grandparents.  I love you all so much! 

2.  I'm thankful for my friends.  My goodness if I didn't have the friends that I have I don't know where I would be.  From my friends that I've known since elementary school, to the ones that I have just met this year, I would be lost without them.  I have friends that would do anything for me, and I would do anything for them.  And right now I am especially grateful for my Southern Utah friends.  They are my family here, and if I didn't have them I would be so lonely and homesick I don't even know what I would do. So, thank you for putting up with me and all my strange ways (because I know I have a lot of quirks) and keep being the amazing people you are!

3.  I am thankful for the gospel.  I could go on for ever on this one but all I will say about it is that it has effected my life in every positive way possible.  From looking forward to seeing passed loved ones again to knowing that I can pray any time I want and I'll never be alone, I don't even want to think about the kind of person I'd be without it.  I am in the middle of a goal to finish the book of Mormon before the end of the year -I've never read it cover to cover before- and it has been such an awesome experience.  Reading it daily really has made a difference in my attitude and my outlook in life. 

4.  I am thankful for my teachers, and school in general.  This one might be strange, but since school is my life right now my professors have a huge impact on my life.  Especially my music teachers.  They are so supportive and caring, and I am a better person as well as musician because of them.  I love that they ask me how I am doing, ask me if I need anything, and give me encouragement all the time when they are under no obligation to do so.  The fact that they actually care about me more than just a student who gets a grade makes me want to make them happy, therefore making me a better student.

5.  I'm thankful for music.  And this one....I could go on for days.  I listen to music when I am happy, sad, upset, excited, mad, stressed, relaxed, etc etc and to think of my life without so much music in it every day just makes me sick.  My life has a soundtrack, it seriously does, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  if I'm not playing it, I'm listening to it, talking about it, studying it or thinking about it.  It is my stress reliever, it is my comforter when I am sad, it is my spiritual boost when I'm feeling down, and it's my motivation to be a better person.  I am just so emotionally attached to music in every aspect, it is so much more than just "I love to listen to music."  Music truly is who I am. 

6.  I'm thankful for my physical body.  I don't mean they body type, the shape, or the size.  I mean just the fact that I have one.  It is the one thing I have, the one thing we ALL have, against the adversary, and sometimes we take having one for granted.  It is such a sacred thing, and a wise person told me that no matter what to always remember that things always could be worse, I could be like Lucifer and not even have a body....

7.  I am thankful I was born in this day and age.  I don't know how people back in the day did it, but I am so glad I live in this time!  I can't imagine trying to get a hold of friends without a cell phone, or doing homework or writing music without a computer.  Getting around without a car or not having electricity. Just every little thing, especially in technology is just so wonderful and those things are usually the things I definitely take for granted.

8.  I'm thankful for good people.  These past few weeks especially have been absolutely crazy, and it has caused a lot of mayhem in my schedule, and some forgetfulness on my part.  I'm so glad that most people I know are understanding and realize how hectic life is!  I have had to do so much rescheduling, cancelling and rearranging and people have been very kind and flexible for me.  I sincerely appreciate it.  Plus all the little things people do for me without even realizing that it had an impact on me.  A hello in the hallway, a hug, a door held open by a random stranger, a bonus, etc etc.  Maybe it's the time of year, but people have just been so nice to me lately!  I know that they were inspired to be that way because of all the stress and craziness in my life right now. 

Wow sorry that was an enduring post, if you got all the way through it I am extremely impressed!  Thank you for bearing with me, and thank you for caring, or at least pretending to care, it means a lot! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment