I have had writer's block for the last 45 minutes.. count 'em, I could not for the life of me figure out how to type up everything that is going through my head. So, this post will be more like a giant pile of Facebook Stati (hehe)... You know the one, "What's on your mind....?"So, here we go!
First of all, can you say awesome weekend?? Two orchestra concerts...one which consisted of the Pines of Rome....PS what was with such a tiny audience?? I feel SOOOOO bad for those who missed out. It's an awesome recording and all but there's nothing quite like hearing it live. Anyway, my parents were in town, spent time with my amazing friend and an awesome dinner and games tonight with some amazing people. Plus, all my homework was done before 11:00 pm tonight. WHAT??
Stormie just gave me this quote to "think about" The worst part of life is waiting. The best part of life is having someone worth waiting for... Har de har har darling....this is almost as profound as your "birds of a feather flock together" bit.
And now, a moment of venting. This is for all my musician friends out there. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong with my memorization skills lately....any advice?! I have a junior recital coming up and I'm freaking out because my pieces are nowhere near where I need them to be. I was expecting to be a lot further along then I am and I am working my butt off but it is not paying off...any suggestions? (If anyone says practice harder, I might slap you) ;)
Ok enough of the negativity. Here is a bit for your enjoyment. I was introduced to this piece at Brevard by my ever so talented friend Camille. I loved it so much after I sight read it with a trio over the summer and I want to play it SO BAD and hopefully, if things go how they should, I will be able to play it next semester. This is part one, the first movement is 20 minutes long, and the other quarter can be found on Youtube. Please listen and enjoy, it is gorgeous. This is Trio Elegiaue by Rachmaninoff. There are 3 of these is and this is the first movement of #2. If we play it (crossing my fingers), this will be the movement I'll vote we do. Absolutely gorgeous. (Minus the facial expressions, these guys are a LITTLE much). :)
Wow...that WAS random.....sorry. Tomorrow I won't be as scatterbrained...but I'm not promising anything.
PS Stormie is kneeling in front of me and she starts barking, meowing, hissing, and then asking me, "what animal is this" SERIOUSLY??? I better go....before she tears up the whole apartment...
No comments:
Post a Comment