So, once upon a time I discovered something about Chapstick. It's not what it seems, it's not what it seems!! (10 points to those who get the movie reference). Now that I have you all confused, let us begin. Chapstick. We all call lip balm Chapstick right? Right. But, much to your (maybe) surprise, not all Chapstick is, in fact, Chapstick. Now, you are very confused. And, you are probably wondering, "why is she capitalizing the word 'Chapstick' when it is not at the beginning of a sentence?" I will tell you. It is because "Chapstick" is a proper noun. That's right! "Chapstick" is actually a brand name, and we have been calling every type of lip balm "Chapstick" whether it actually is "Chapstick" or not! In fact, I checked my purse. Nope. Out of the 3 lip balms that I have in there, not one of them is, in fact, "Chapstick!"
Now, I am not at all mad, not bugged, not uptight, not even an inkling passionate about this whole thing AT ALL. I was simply curious to see if there were other products out there whose real names have been so neglected, and there ARE!! Here is the list that I have compiled.
Chapstick
Crockpot
Kleenex
Q-Tip
Band-Aid
Zip-Lock
Sharpie
Jacuzzi
Frisbee
LazyBoy
Levi
Pam
It's a stupid subject really, and a complete waste of time, but it's a topic that has always been in the back of my mind, bursting to be blogged...and for the past few months (or years) I would randomly discover another item to add to the list and I would just get so excited...I just had to share. So there you go!
Yes. I'm bored. Sue me.
Aaaannndddd...let me know if you think of any other items to add to the list.
(Someone should probably give me some blog topics, or there will be other blog posts like this...let's not make this keyboard suffer anymore than it already has) :-/
Thanks for the five minutes of your life that you will never get back :)
Really, I apologize. I promise this won't happen again.
Wow. Seriously. Why didn't I just delete this?
Ok. I am spazzing out. That is enough diet coke for one night.
:D
WoW Katie!
ReplyDeleteMovie reference = swan princess
ReplyDeleteJq
Winner winner winner!!
ReplyDelete