Sunday, January 13, 2013

School is cool

Wowza! I can't believe the first week of school has already passed! The days seemed soooo long but looking back I can tell it's going to be another one of those "where did the time go?" semesters.  I am pretty excited about my schedule this semester though! Aside from my music classes (including 5 ensembles and private lessons) I am taking two English classes and a Health Communications class. I am interested to see how that one goes.  My actual class time is pretty slim this semester, two of my three credit classes are online so I only have one in the classroom class and the rest are ensembles of course. 
Along with school, it's going to be quite a busy semester, and I am a bit anxious but mostly excited because I like being busy :) I have nine violin students, which doesn't seem like many but with full time school and a part time job the hours add up pretty quick. I love my kiddos though! Teaching is so much fun. Definitely some of my favorite hours of the week. And my quartet is averaging about a gig a month, which also isn't very much, but at least the word is getting around and hopefully it will take off, especially near the end of the school year into summer!
All in all, so far so good, practicing Tchaikovsky has actually been pretty productive in the past week so hopefully that sticks.  There's your  little ditty! Good luck to everyone this new semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment