Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Summer time!

My last blog post was about how fast the first week of school went....psh!! One lousy week. That is hilarious. I swear, I don't know where the school year went. And...school has been out for about 3 weeks now.  Whhhaaaa?? Yeah. I know. And what do I have to show for summer so far? A couple of sunburns and a cold. BUT...in all seriousness, so far it's been a fairly productive three weeks.

I traveled up to good ol' C-Ville to visit the family.  I went up to visit my dearest and bestest cousin friend Rachel for her college signing party...she will now be living about 8 hours away... **cry!!** thank heavens for modern technology; Skype, cell phones, and good old fashioned paper mail. 




Best friends forever. My little girl is growing up!


No family is as close as our family I am pretty sure....











The best men.


Kenzie had the pleasure of meeting Casey that weekend also. I think it was good for him to experience real fear.
















The next week we spent Mother's Day in Mapleton with mom's sister's family. It was super fun! We don't do much hanging out with that side so it was good to see everyone. And all seven of us were there which rarely happens anymore




 





We look like we planned to take a matchy matchy picture but really, we didn't. We all look really great. Actually, Jacque and Doug really do.










Matt and I had a joined violin/cello recital at a rest home, he had 3 or 4 play and 8 of my students played. They are all such hard workers! I love teaching.  It is so fun and rewarding.



I also teach at a preschool three days at a week. They had their summer program today and they each played a solo and then we all played together. They are adorable.  










We forgot to tune before so our group piece sounded pretty terrible, but we stayed together well and they are so cute, so that makes up for it. 












We had our last concert of the season last weekend with the Southwest Symphony, one of my favorite concerts because, well, just look at that scenery! Outdoor concerts are always so fun. Except for the bugs. Ew.








Our first attempt at going to the lake when it was actually summer was a bust. We packed a picnic lunch, drove out there, paid the fee, and tried three different spots on the beach. Each time we were there for about a minute and a half but the whole lake was infested with bugs. We ended up eating on a blanket at the park and it was still nice. We'll try again in a few weeks. They can't keep me away from the lake for long!!










Lastly, it wouldn't be summer in St. George without this....




Come visit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment