Sunday, March 14, 2010

Slightly off topic

I know it's technically "Monday", but since I am still awake it counts as Sunday. So I'm still achieving my goal!
Anyway, so today in my home ward the choir director asked if I'd come sing in the choir during sacrament meeting.  I said yes, and went up when the time came and sight read the song.  Now, this isn't a very good example since this song, and most church songs in general, was very easy, but the point is, sight reading!  Sight reading is one of my most favorite things to do when it comes to music!   I don't know what it is, or why, but there's nothing I love more than getting a new piece of music and reading through it for the very first time!  Sometimes I even play it better sight reading than when I've had it to practice!  It's one of my fortes in music I think.
I also love music before and afters.  My orchestra teacher sometimes records us playing a piece for the first time and then records the concert.  It is so funny and interesting to see how bad we were in the beginning and how much we have grown! 


Sometimes it feels like I'm stuck at the same level, but then I realize.  I couldn't play half the things I am playing now a year ago!  Growing in music is a slow process, but an amazing one....sometimes I just have to tell myself that "I'll get there" and remind myself that it's like growing up.  To me, I have always looked the same when I look in the mirror.  It's not until I look back at old pictures to see that I have really changed!
Left Picture: Personal recital a few years back with my 3/4 size violin!  I had to use that thing until high school because I was so short! (My posture is so much better now PS)  Right: Senior year with beautiful Esperanza
                                                                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment