Wow I haven't blogged in over a month! It's been a crazy few weeks. It feels like the last few weeks of Brevard flew by. It was the single most amazing experience of my life. I miss all my friends so much from there! The worst part is not knowing if I'll see them again...I don't even want to think about it! So I won't. Ha ha ha.
School started one week ago and already I am the queen of procrastination. I waited literally until 11:55 pm to turn in an online class assignment that was due at midnight. Not to mention I'm finally taking my scooter in to the shop tomorrow....the registration expires on the 31st. Yep, apparently I like to cut it close! Good thing I'm a music major, it's impossible to "cram" for anything that has to do with performing. I'm learning...slowly but surely.
I played and gave a speech about Brevard to the Dixie faculty the week before school started, and that was terrifying! I can add public speaking to my list of phobias apparently. It's right up there with saliva, the dark, and snakes haha but seriously! It was a good experience though, I'm always happy to talk about what an amazing time I had. A reporter from the Dixie Sun (the school newspaper) is doing an article about it so I'll try to get that up if I can find it.
As far as school goes, it is awesome as usual! I'm taking Symphony Orchestra, Southwest Symphony, String Chamber, and Chamber choir ensemble-wise. Along with Brass Study (that's for a different post), Education 1010, Music History, Psychology, and private lessons. My schedule is not nearly as full as it has been in the past. This is a very good thing because I have plenty of time for my job, teaching, lots of practicing and STILL I have spare time sometimes to go swimming! Yep, I am living the life!
I was told today that I'm not going to graduate in 4 years, and that is totally fine with me! So many people, especially in music focus so much on getting done fast that it actually hurts them. They take 20 + credits, and as a result there is no time for the real important stuff, like getting better at their instrument. (The whole point of playing one....) I'm willing to go an extra semester or two if it means I'll have more time to actually practice and learn and get better, the whole POINT of going to school! Plus it is going to take me longer anyway due to the fact that I just changed my major to music ed and I have to have all my pre-requisites completed before I even complete the program, and I have just started them this semester :) Good thing I love Dixie or this would be a crappy couple of years!
ANYWAY, enough rambling. Next post immediately following this one = pictures!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment