A few days ago, my friend Tyler tried to convince me that it was "national kissing day" Of course I didn't believe him, so I went home and did my research (it wasn't). But as I researched, I found out that September is "Classical music month!" This of course delighted me because I happen to enjoy classical music a little bit....and as a result, I get to share with you some of my all time favorite classical works! I guess this isn't too unusual, since I post about music a lot, and I'm sure there will be repeats of what I've talked about in the past. BUT, this gives me an excuse to be totally obsessed, at least for this month!
Of course, there is more than a month's worth of music that is on the list for being "best song ever!!!" -it's really hard to pick just one, or ten, or thirty- but maybe by hearing these ones will make you want to expand your knowledge on the classical music world!
Every day when I wake up, I turn on my ipod and listen to music while getting ready. And it just so happens that the first song that played this morning on shuffle was a piece that I'm working on for my Jr. Recital! It is an incredible piece, a few hard runs, but I can't wait for the day when it is performance ready! It is Zigeunerweisen by Pablo De Sarasate. It's a gypsy piece and it's supposed to sound like improvisation. The hardest part for me are the runs, getting them clean, but I love the challenge and it is such a fun, beautiful piece. My favorite part is from 5:25 to the end, and more specifically the pizzicato section at 6:46 where she plays and then plucks open strings in between. It's so incredibly cool! Enjoy!
oh, P.S. this is Sarah Chang performing it in 2008
No comments:
Post a Comment