Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 11

Wow. Day 11 already? I am counting down the days to when I get to go home but I am going to be so sad to leave! Too bad Powell River isn't next to Centerville haha.
PS today is July 1st so...happy Canada Day!







There ya go. A little piece of my world for ya. 
Today I had a lesson with Martin Chalifour.  It actually went pretty well! He was shocked when I played Don Juan so good, and he said "why didn't you play like that in your audition?" I didn't tell him it's because I was unprepared and practically sight reading.  I told him it was probably just nerves.  He didn't like my bow hand, but other than that he was very positive and I think he was pleasantly surprised that I can actually play like an advanced musician.
We had pizza for lunch! It was grand.  And for dinner we had potatoes and ham. Also they had potato chips that are ketchup flavored.  They tasted way too much like fries dipped in ketchup for me to like them. 
We had rehearsal, as always, and then the faculty recital.  It was good but SO LONG. 2 and a half hours to be exact.  Needless to say it was a pretty easy but long day and I am exhausted! So, here are some pictures and then it's off to bed for me...but I DO get to sleep in until 8:00 tomorrow!!!!! I am so excited I can't even tell you. So I won't.  ANYWAY...pictures. Here ya go.
My violin teachers, Terrence Tam and Martin Chalifour

This guy recorded himself playing like 15 different
parts including himself reciting a poem...it was...
interesting...but it was cool that he played it on the spot.

This was just cool because it was such a huge chamber
group...it was really long abut really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment