Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 10

Today was a good day!  I got to take a nap! Every day in the mornings people either have practice time or lessons from 9 to 12.  And if you don't have a lesson, you can stay back at the hotel and practice, or do whatever, so I practiced a little and then took a nap! It was divine.  I had to go all day with only one contact in though, my eye was burning! I scratched it this morning and I had to take it out on the bus so I couldn't wear my glasses cause we already left.  Reading music was hard. 
We had lunch, and then a rehearsal, and the the harp recital. Which was really nice. It went half an hour over though, which meant shorter sectionals later! :)
Anyway after the harp recital we had dinner, and then we took the bus to the Academy where we did mock auditions and sectionals.  Tara did really good and I feel like I did good too. I didn't get to play the Don Juan, because we were short on time and I couldn't see, but I'm still glad I learned it!  I messed up a few times but I didn't do any worse than anyone else!
Took a HOT shower (first one in a while...the water heaters here stink) and now I am going to bed! From here on out it's no more auditions so just rehearsal all day every day, but we get Saturday off, I'm so excited!
Anyway, here are some harp recital pictures, and then it's off to bed with ye, mate! (been hanging out with Australians a lot lately :)
This is the harp teacher.  She is crazy. I mean, just look at
her. Can't you tell? Tara thinks she is a Gypsy, and I'll
believe it.

The two harpists.  One on the right is from Poland, and the 
one on the left is from Costa Rica.  They are very talented.

Teacher, students, and Oboe

Chamber ensemble with solo Harp

No comments:

Post a Comment