Saturday, June 19, 2010

Listen up

Well, it's actually happening!  This coming Monday, June 21 at 11:00 am I will be headed over to attend the Symphony Orchestra Academy of the Pacific, SOAP.  It's been an interesting journey, and it hasn't even started!  Since I am terrible at writing in a journal, the plan is to take lots of pictures and update my blog often so that I can remember everything that I did!  So, here's a shout out to everyone who made it possible!
  • Dave and Betsy Vaught-who paid for all of my airfare, just a nice old couple in St. George who randomly wanted to help
  • Tara Tichenor-who helped me with music and is going with me 
  • Dr. Abegg-who basically forced me to apply and is the reason I even considered going...he's also the one who got me and Tara our tuition scholarships. 
  • My parents-who donated a good chunk of money so that I could go (not to mention all the violin lessons over the years)
  • Grandpa Wall, Jacque, Karen, Mr. Burt, and everyone else who donated money (or in Burt's case, a violin) so that I had enough to go 
  • The Hanson's and Haley who fed me cookies and reassured me that I'm a violinist, so I can learn the music, when I had an emotional breakdown and decided that I stink and can never learn this music and that it wasn't worth it...etc. etc. 
So...thanks to all of you and everyone else...and I'll see YOU in 3 weeks!
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment