Saturday, August 28, 2010

toes?

As a poor college student, I tend to not have any money.  Ever.  And sometimes it is really annoying not to be able to go out and do stuff more often, buy a cute shirt that I like, go out to eat, or basically do anything that requires money.  But I have learned a few tricks about ways to save money and what alternatives can be used instead of the more popular brands.  So, every day (yeah right how often do I keep THAT promise?)  I will share one of my secrets with you!
#1  Nail polish remover vs.  Rubbing alcohol
I love pedicure nights!  These usually consist of me doing everybody's toenails and this happens on average about once a week.  Now, nail polish lasts a long time, but the polish remover usually runs out so fast, and I hate having to buy a new bottle every week.  Yes, a new bottle only costs about 2 dollars, but I have found something better, cheaper, and longer lasting.  Rubbing alcohol.  First of all, I picked up a bottle at the dollar store so already I am paying half price, but there is even better news!  It lasts so much longer!   Not only is it in a bigger bottle, but it is twice as strong as the polish remover, so you don't need to use as much, hence the longer lasting.  How you ask?  Simple.  Nail polish remover is an alcohol based product, basically the only difference is the nice pink coloring and that lovely scent it tends to have.  So naturally, pure rubbing alcohol will be much stronger, none of that crap added to make it weaker. 
As an extra side note, rubbing alcohol is a good thing to have laying around the house for projects, medical purposes and other everyday needs.  Nail polish remover does all that its name implies, and that's about it. 
So, as much as I loved the cute curvy bottle and the pretty pink liquid inside, I am probably never going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment