Welp, I am officially a resident of North Carolina for the next 7 weeks. So...here is an update, for all of you who care, of what is up down here! (haha)
(Pictures to come)
The plane ride was uneventful, I am please to announce that I did not get lost in the airport, not even once!
When we got here, I was in for a real surprise! I knew we'd be near the mountains, but I did not know we would be IN them. It's like a forest campus. It is very pretty, and everything is in a cabin, or is a cabin. Even the practice rooms are little tiny individual cabins, way cute! There are also two "lakes" (I would consider them to be more like ponds), and lots of hiking we have to do to and from rehearsals and meals and such. Anyway we met the dean and then headed to dinner, and then I found my cabin. There are 16 girls and one RA in each cabin, four to a room and we all share 4 toilets and showers. One of my roommates I recognized, and she attended SOAP last year too so that was kind of cool (Also the guy who picked us up at the airport happened to be from SOAP too).
I was totally homesick and cried myself to sleep the first night (I don't want any more sympathy. I'm FINE now).
Day two was pretty uneventful, with the exception of seating auditions. I am surprised at how few college students are here! I'd say well over 2/3 of the people I have met so far are in Graduate school, or attending conservatories like Manhattan school of music and the like. Aren't there any NORMAL people here? (or, I guess that would make me the only abnormal one...hmmmm....). I am also proud to announce that I am not last chair...yes, I have moved up in the world.
Today was a lot more productive. I'm going to be in the library for work study-no idea what I'll be doing there but I guess I'll find out at a meeting tomorrow at NINE AM...shoot me...! We had our first rehearsal today, and it was way cool because there was thunder and lightning, and the auditorium is open air so is sounded pretty cool. Other than that nothing has really happened so far. Although I am having lots of time to practice my junior recital rep so that is good. Anyway, I am starving so that's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment