Exactly one week ago today, I had two jobs, was working on getting students, and trying to figure out a running schedule in the heat of St. George! I was planning on going to church at the Ivins YSA ward on June 19th. And, I was looking forward to a lazy summer full of St. George and Avalon adventures. Welp, no more! My life has completely changed within the last week.
In January, I auditioned to get into a summer music academy called Brevard, in North Carolina. They rejected me. I was put on a "waiting list" (which I thought was basically a guaranteed no). Then, in March, they decided to let me in after all with a scholarship! But alas, I would still have to pay too much (it's originally a $5,100 academy...not gonna happen for me hahaha). So I had to say no. Well...about 6 days ago they emailed me AGAIN, offering me more money, and, well, it was a lot of money and it would have been stupid of me to say no.
I'm not too scared about it, I went to Canada last summer for a music academy, so I kind of know what to expect, but there are a few new things that are freaking me out a little bit...
#1. Did I mention that I'm leaving on Sunday? THIS COMING Sunday. Yeah...I'm freaking out a little bit about the time crunch
#2. I have to learn all the music in one week. 8 weeks worth of music....I can do it!
#3. I'm going by myself. This one freaks me out the most...I hope I make friends!! At least I'll have Bennett...
#4. I don't have a guaranteed job when I get back. This one isn't too bad...because one of them said they'd rehire me...but we'll see if that actually happens
#5. No way am I fitting everything in one single suitcase...
Anyway, besides those few teeny tiny things I'm super excited and if you REALLY want to know what I am doing while I am there I'm just going to write about it here...forcing you (MOTHER) to read my blog. Muahahaha. (*cough* might as well follow while you are there...*cough*) but I fly out from SL on Sunday at 7 am, and I get back August 8th! It's a long time to be gone but my violin teacher went to this place when he was younger and he had an amazing experience and I know I am going to grow so much as a musician, so wish me luck!!
Here is the website, in case you want to learn more about Brevard. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment